Sunday, June 22, 2008

Joining MSEC and the First Year

Tis is wat vettiness has done to me ... Has made me write blogs. :((
 

Ok Let me tell you about my eventful 4 years of my so called Engineering Life. Well after scorin a good 92% in my +2 Examinations and havin an avg cut off of 250+ , I joined MEENAKSHI SUNDARARAJAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE.Infact , I really wasn interested in joining the college, mainly because of its name meenakshi sundararajan<>. I did not make it thru the University counselling, I joined tis college thru the backdoor entry, i.e the mgmt quota. Paid a sum of 2 laks :(( and joined the ECE department.The Worst thing bout tis is I had a call from Vellore Institute of Technology for the first phase counselling, wherein I would 've got ECE w/o any capitation, I wanted to go there, fought wit my parents, but my plea fell on deaf ears and i was forced to join MSEC. I liked one thing bout MSEC, it was in the city, infact 5-10 mins frm my home , which meant i cud get up late and get ready to the college unlike the other colleges, whose colleges buses picked their students by 645-715. That is the time wen i am in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sleep. Well, anyways, time passed by and the college opened . First day of the first semester, English Sir came to our class, he is one f the senior citizens of my college, 75+ . He put some blade on the first day,then after a few days, they split the sections irrespective of their departments  . Ppl who had a score of 85+ in +2 were in A section 75+ in B section and rest in C section.  I was lucky tat my school friends were wit me in the same section i.e A section.It was fun in our section. Made good friends with my classmates, had nice time. First sem breezed away and i cleared all  my papers wit ease, well who cares bout % in Anna Univ.Since i was fresh from school, my habit of calculatin the % was still there and i got 78% , I was not satisfied as i expectd more. Then I moved into my department , now it was a proper ECE classroom . I was left alone as my friends had moved into the CS and IT department.  To be frank , I really hated the class, I ,infact wanted to change my department. But , I had no other option other than to get going. It was kind of a rough time , missing my old friends , sittin alone. Things moved on, I made friends wit few guys in my department. The thing which i disliked in my class is everyone formed their own groups and they never came out of their groups. Tis really pissed me off. Well to be honest, i had made oly 3 friends in my II sem, it was jus a Hi-Bye relation wit others. Time flew away and it was Exam time , I was really afraid of the subject called Engineering Mechanics, It was handled by one of the worst professors of all times. Well , i was told tat E.mech is a diff subject by many ppl, infact i love problematic subjects, as they are challengin and its also easy to score . But as many ppl said , its diff , it created a psychological block in my mind and i couldn concentrate on the subject. The problem wit me is , irrespective of the difficulty of the subject , i opn book only the nite before d exam. So next day was E.MECH, since i hadn prepared well, the paper appeared to be like a Greek and Latin paper to me. I screwed up the paper, was disgusted wit my own performance. 
So What happend to the results tis time ???? To be continued in the next post...


5 comments:

Rahulan said...

Wenks I can understand your feelings da even I felt a bit sad after 1st sem(unforgettable memories) as we were going into our respective departments but luckily I enjoyed my time in CS dept(HOD sucks)........

pradeep said...

true from ur heart can understand ur feeling ..... but our college is a place to score good marks .u feel for VIT ..... i left anna univ...lolz.now i understand why u keep sleeping in class all the time :-).

mani iyer said...

india varalaril college il nadakkum unmaigal vaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggiiiiiivvvviiitttttiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrgggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaaaa """naalu varshathula nasama povadhu ippadi"""" encrypted by S.VENKATRAMAN decrypted by MANI IYER

Anonymous said...

mappu!!! reminded me of those old days...
great that you were in meenakshi college, ya the name sucks a little bit but hey it is one of the better colleges da! i am from sairam, and please your college is 1000 times better! atleast bunk adicha you have somewhere to go!

Anonymous said...

E Mech was my favorite subject after engineering drawing mapla! which year did you pass out? because for us there was a paper leak thing and we had a lotta fun during that time!
ha ha ha!