Monday, August 25, 2008

USA!!

Its been more than a fortnight i reched US now, Its been good going so far... So lemme give u the US exp so far...Boarded the flight frm Chennai to Mumbai on 14th August in JET . This plane is damn puncutal. Reached Mumbai on time. Spent the evening in Mumbai and on 15th morning I boarded the flight to SFO via Shangai.Heavy rains on that day,I always wanted to see Mumbai rains, just wanted to know why it is so much hyped. So I did manage to catch a glimpse, and my god,really poured cats dogs cows buffaloes etc.So I got into the flight after the immigration etc etc. Flight took off . I was expecting a Chick by my side, or atleast an Indian, so tat i could pass the 17 hour journey.But Damn,one english fella sat by my right and a japanese by my left.Fk! I was wondering how to pass time,jet has good in flight entertainment.somehow time passed. 6 .5 hours,reached Shangai.Shangai airport was deserted. The fellas by my side got down @ Shangai,again slightest hopes of wat i had @ Mumbai.Tis time 2 Chinese by my side.Reached San Francisco at 7 pm (sfo time).Again had to check in the immigration and customs. Took the luggage frm the belt and came out. A couple of my friends had to pick me up.The airport was huge and awesome, its spsd to be one of the busiest airports.Had to pick a cab (called shuttle here) to reach our place @ San Jose. There was a Gilma activity going on inside the cab , damn, I thought, Wat a way to welcome , the cuple must have smooched atleast 1000 times in an hour.Well,tats USA, public display of affection can be seen here, and no one seems to bother.Reached home .It was 11 . And here came the bomb. I reached home and saw, I had picked a wrong suitcase. GOSH! I was shocked. But ,Luckily , the name of the person and his address was stickered on the suitcase. I thought tis confusion must have happend in the cab. Dint Sleep properly tat nite. One of my roommates knew the place. So we set out found the place after lots of searching and they said that they dint have my suitcase, and I asked if they saw mine as i gave em my suitcase details, they said it was in the airport. I felt relieved and asked them to collect the suitcase frm my place . Then I called up the airport and they delivered the baggage home, FREE OF COST!! Then after a couple of days, went to the university and finished all the formalities.Was feeling home sick fr a couple of days, I literally cried the second day wen my parents called up.Well, It happens! Then Went to do some shopping for our home, Walmart and Target. HUGE HUGE hypermarket. U get everything here.A-Z.University started and no surprises,Indians and Chinese dominate the Masters course.The Grading system sucks here, Overall aggregate is calculated by our performance throughout the semester, for ex.10% attendace,20%first mid term,30% second mid term 40% final. Painful!!! that too after OB adichufying in UG,its gonna be a daunting task ahead!!Now coming to the food, All the veggies out there, it will be a tough time, cos veggie dishes available here are very less, Indian restos are there, but it ll burn yr pocket.I have been surving on Subway these days :((. Even McD doesn serve veg burgers... So if u have any plans f cmg here, start learning cooking in advance , else u will have to pay the price , like am payin now. Everything is fucking Costly here... I saw an Amrutanjam Balm in an Indian Store... Indian Price was also given , it was a mere 16 rupees.. but US price was $4.5. I was Shocked!! it accounts to more than 180Rs.USA isnt as glitzy n glossy as it seems from India.. its calm, peaceful and sober. Weekends @ the Downtown rocks... so many lounges, so many chicks :P. its worth suthifyin the downtown on weekends, mainly on sat nights :P. Anyways, Its been Kind of an OK going here,Missing Homeland thou! :((. Thats it for this post...
Ps. Excuse me for my bad english!! :P

9 comments:

larvironment said...

hmmm... so enjoyin USA.. be careful with chiks..Dham Dhom kathaya agidaporathu...

Ganesh Prabhu said...

10% for attendance huh? Now that seems to be a problem. :P

Anonymous said...

@ganesh.. dei inga ore mokkais at home... so class pona slightaa time pass aagumm...so i don think i ll lose out on that 10% :P

Raghuveeran said...

chicks kekutho plane le... watha!!...pathu da... pregnant ayida pore...

larvironment said...

nee anga gilma pannama irundha seri

larvironment said...

this is laxman!!!

Dang!!!! said...

how come u never said anyting bout the baggage mix up?

Anonymous said...

Dai supera ezhudhire da.. Aana unna paathaa home sick aagare case maadri theriyale.. I praise you cos you're not shy to admit you cried. Un comedykku dhaan alavue kidayadhe, proof your baggage mix up..

Have a nice time da.. Ensoi..

Ramanathan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.