Sunday, July 13, 2008

VII sem.

We were in the Final Year of engineering ... I have always thought if i could finish engineering in IV years considering the backlogs i having.  I was low down on confidence . Placement preps were on, My friends were rolling over R.S. Agarwal,Barrons,CAT books and what not.I never got involved in this because   I knew , I woudnt be eligible for most of the companies , cos of my arrears. Max a company allows 2, not more than that. Oly a few companies allow everyone to write. Mock aptitude tests were on in the college @ full swing in the college. I attended all the tests , aptitude tests are fun . But there were some guys who dint attend the mock tests. They got caught , and I was shocked when my name was also called. When I asked the department staff as to why my name was called , they fkn dint bother to answer me . It totally pissed me off. I was made to stand near the princi's office for one whole week. They told that they would leave us oly if we ask our parents to meet the princi. Now , WTF! i wasnt even knowing the reason for me standin,why should i bring my parents. But it was jus waste of time thinkin , Cos if princi says somethin, thats FINAL! Period! We were 6 in no.
(Me, Subbu,Azeez,Water pkt, ramf and oof). Our routine for that whole week was to come to college , sit on the stairs near the princi's office and talk bout all the college matters etc etc . It was actually fun sitting there rather than in the class:P. Slowly then, from 6 it became 3 and i was forced to call my mom. Fk, I was made to stand outside for talking inside the class , Can u beleive it,! Kiddish behavior !! Damn!! Luckily i wasnt fined and i was let off. 

Next day TCS was on campus , thou i wasn eligible, it was mandatory to attend the pre placement talks ( GOD knows why!). So after 1 hour of preplacement talks , around 11 , the first round started. Me  n  some guys were planning to go out some where. Some of my friends wanted to booze ( Morning time la booze, donno wat struck their minds ), I also accompanied them, we were there from 11 am to 4 pm. We were gttn updates on whos in n whos not after each round. 90 odd students got placed finally. Companies followed Infy , Hcl, Keane , HP. We never turned up to the college wen any company came on campus. After a few companies , came UST, this company created so much hype with its name .. ( uma shankar tech or unni shankar tech or Unni S$$$$ tech so many names). First interview  for quite a few of us . First round had 90q to be completed in 75 mins . On top of tis Sectional cutoff was also there. It had 3 sections , Analytical, Verbal and Logical. I completed all the questions in the logical n verbal. And i had done oly 2 sums in the analytical and the time got over. Thats it! Lost hopes . Some of my friends had cleared the first round , so I was waiting for them to get thru the interview . 
( Woof - cleared the interview, was wearin a GREEN COLOR adidas running shoes , Mani, after 6-7 companies , cleared the first round and finally cleared the interview too.) . Next was I Flex, again flop show . There was some confusion in the evaluation, which no one knows yet! Time passed by, hardly attended classes. I was gttn busy wit the Gre preps, as it was jus some cupla months away. I started attending classes again , and  i was slogging hard for verbal. Quants , i knew i could manage as it was more of 6-8th std maths. I had booked my exam on Aug 22, Mani had booked it on the prev day , i.e 21st august. He always used to score more than me in Quants in mock tests. I went to  the centre to meet him after the exam, he had scored 680 i quants, I was shell shocked . I lost hopes on Quants too. The next day was the Doomsday - went to the centre, First was the essay section, wrote some stuff and next was the Quants section , which surprisingly pretty easy. I completed that section in less than 30 mins (scheduled time is 45 mins) and next was the verbal section , i screwd it and i luckily finished  it on time . And i slowly click the GET SCORE button, I was fkn surprised to see 800 in quants and a bad verbal score of 430( it was pretty less for the effort  i put , but i was happy wit my quants score, rather shocked  n surprised). 1230 is OK score , but i was the second highest in my class :P. First person to score centum in quants in my class, thou a few of them followed after mine . 
After Iflex, after a long time , a company called Visual Business Tools came on campus, It had oly II rounds .  I did the aps well and was sure of gttn thru the I round but damn, they refused to evaluate the papers, as they found many ppl copying  ( But , at those times , nothing was coming  my way, It was all topsy - turvy ) . So thats all, that company also gone. Companies stopped coming, and the rest of the companies were scheduled oly in the next sem.

This time again 6 subs-

Advanced MuP- Siji----> No comments!! $^#$^@%&&*#*##$%@%$@#$%@#^*&*@#*#%**###&#&#&#&#. I have to quote about her amazing knowledge... Jus look at tis conversation 

Jaishankar(my classmate)- Ma'am,Computer is not working .

Siji- Take it near the AC, it will work

Jaishankar-?????

Can U beleive it, Shes our Head of the Department ,Damnit!  

Televison- Babyola- One horrible subject, never paid attention to her class.

VLSI- Diode- Interesting Sub- but i don know how he taught

Microwave Engineering - Saraswathy- crap subject, crap teacher. 

Optical Communication - Sivarajan alias " Going to be off." He used to add " is going to be of" in every line of watever he spoke . For ex. The earth is going to be of spherical in shape. Most of us counted the no. of times he said its going to be of. 

TQM- No Staff. Free hour

In btw all the placement hungama, results were out , Arrear count reduced from 6 to 5. Dint bother me at all. Mid sems followed , super sixer . Revision exams, again super sixer. The thoughts of me completing engg in started haunting me  more often . 

Late night fags was the Hit of tis semester, Me n oof used to meet up @ Teynampet for a fag, and it would so happen that time used to fly away as we used to keep chatting some crap thing . 3 fags each + 3 hours of vetti chatting . Sometimes even 4 hours , but never felt bored, infact , never felt like leaving that place too.. but ... had too.. This became one daily routine that semester. We used to spk about all the topics , rt from politics, crkt, college matters , what not! Well to tell u bout deepak, he is also another victim , jus like me , oly difference , my boat started sinking in the II sem, while his started sinking in the III sem. 

Sem exams closed in, This time , the timetable was also quite sensible , we had the normal time table for regular and arrear exams followed oly after the regulars.  I knew my handwriting was one of the factors for my bad performance , so i bought couple of using Glitter pens, hoping that it could create some magic. Well, these arrears dint change the pattern of my studying, It remained the same even now.. Started by 11 and ended by 430, sometimes even 5. Because the subjects this semester were terrible, u just had to mug up all the shit and vomit it the next day. Well ,  I somehow managed to finish all the 5 units in all the subjects and gave my best shot in the exams once again and i did the designer work in the paper by putting boxes, double line etc etc. Did Glitter pens create the magic , which i was hopin??? Wait for the nxt post~~

6 comments:

mani iyer said...

asa paavi enda en gre score ah damage panra?????

mani iyer said...

pens and glitters did the magic wrk???

shall i break the silence???

aaa said...

u oly wanted publicity rt???

Anonymous said...

u dint mention anything abt ur best friend hari....

Anonymous said...

there should be one post fully abt hari!!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... me too same story mapla... studied gre for two days and that time was not enough for finishing verbal itself, completed only half word list. so screwed up in verbal. boo hoo... even with 0 prep math went well though. ha ha! Thats Gre for you I guess!