Monday, July 28, 2008

VIII sem.contd..end of a saga !!


Placement interests had also dried up, hardly any companies came on campus . But our princi used to call the "NOT YET PLACED " students to the seminar hall and talk crap as if companies were flowing in and we werent good enough to get selected .Those times were the most humiliating . When I had backs, many companies came and recruited , but when i had cleared off my backs , no companies came on campus . This was like adding fuel to the fire. Coming out without a placement from an engineering college is like failing in the XII exams, thats how people from outside view it. It also pricks u at times when u sit in the class wit all yr peers placed and u sitting like a dumb duck . Pool Campus placements were still on , and our college used to get invites asking the students to attend the interview.So once , we got an invite from Krishna College of Engineering to attend EDS interview. That bloody college was located at some remote place called Padappai. The Interview was bout to start by 8am. We had planned to go by train as it had rained heavily the previous day. We planned to meet up at the railway station at 630 am . But lazy me , slept over and got up by 630 and by the time i got ready , they were already in the train :(. So I had no other option but to take my bike . Luckily one of my classmates was going on his bike , so I called him and asked him the route. And I set off, It was one awesome ride, RIDE OF MY LIFE , i must say. The twilight, chillness of the air and lush green view on both sides was jus Awesome . I somehow managed to reach the college by 715. Fk I was the third person to enter the college. After few mins, my other classmates also came . And slowly, many others came in and we were led to the mess , for the brkfast, I dint have it , because I could guess , tat it would taste Yuck and I was right, my friends threw it away after one or two spoons. It was past 10 now and even the presentation hadn started . I was kicking myself for getting up so early . Around 11, the presentation started and FUCK, Can u beleive it , it was Not EDS, It was Mphasis , A BPO of EDS. Crap. I was really irritated and I was fuming . The pay was even worse 10 k per month. :(. But then, after comin all the way , dint wanna returrn back home immediately . So me and my friends gave the written exam, so called APTITUDE, I still wonder why they call that shit an APTI round, It was all crap l, the questions were 
1) how will you clean the computer?
2)what is the shortcut key for copy?
3)how will you minimize a window.?
Even a third grade student would have cleared it easily . 
After the first round , we were asked to have lunch @ the mess. I dint even go in the direction of the mess. I was feeling hungry too, but then i dint wanna have the mess food at any cost. We enquired wit the students of that college and they said there was no hotel nearby . There was one petty shop inside the coll campus , me and my friend went there to find out if they had anythin to eat, Crap, they had chicken biriyani. And Can U beleive it , they had cigarettes too. So me and my friend had a fag each and were waiting for the results of the first round. I was shortlisted to the second round. II round was speaking , where they checked yr accent , grammar and all those shit. I was waiting for my turn, It was 3 o clock, Clock kept on tickin, 4,5,6,7 and my chance dint come .It was a telephonic conversation round . The volunteer closed the door and walked away . I was thinkin , WHAT THE FK IS HAPPENING ???. I normally don lose my cool , but this time , irritation, hunger and the long hours of waiting triggered me and I was really angry , went downstairs and met the Placement officer and Principal and started blasting them. (Who cares, they are no way related to me ). I vented all my anger on them.By now a big kootam had formed around us . They said that they lost the network and asked us to come next day. I got pissed off again and started shouting at them again. So hurriedly , they somehow got the interview going , and my chance came , and immediately the volunteer told me I was selected , but another volunteer made some gestures to him and that fella told me that I was not selected . I still I donno if i was selected or not , but who cares now. I was really enervated and i couldn ride the bike , so i asked my friend to do it . We went to  brilliant tutorials where many of my other classmates had come over for dinner . Hogged like a pig :) and headed home and FLAT!! One helluva interview which i cant forget in my life . 
Next came in Sutherland , I was feeling sleepy as the previous night was spent fagging at our usual place . So I was sitting in the auditorium for the presentation was shocked to see Meenakshi College girls reading Newspapers to improve their english just before the interview . My eyes were drooping ,and wen i m sleepy i m not in my senses :P. So the first round started, it was 1 on 1 round . He asked me to tell about myself ( a std question asked by any /every company). I was not in my senses , and i started telling some crap rather than telling wat was necessary. I knew I wudnt get through and it exactly happend.

Next was CSS, (I wasnt interested in joining any bpo's , but then something is bttr than nothin, atleast some job after studies.Gttn into Bpos is like jus passing in the XII exam, they look at u as if u are worthless . If u get into the IT giants, its like scoring 90+ , Phew! ) . In this the first round was an extempore, I spoke on the India Australia series( I can speak about cricket for years together :P) . So i got thru easily . Next round was a written round . technical + verbal. It was more of a co-operation stuff , i copied the technical part frm IT/CS fellas and i showed them the verbal part. So, overall, everyone had written the same answer, and wit no surprises everyone got thru to the final (HR) round . Nearly 50 students(Engineering + Arts & Science) were through to HR round. My chance came in after 2 hours of waiting Vettily. I was called in and again I was asked to speak some topic related to cricket and a few networking questions (As the company deals with networking ) and I finally made it through. I remained stoic, but the Arts/Science college gals who got through were in Tears , so excited as if they had got into Microsoft/Google :P. But then , girls are girls , excessive outburst of emotions is unstoppable. 

Admist the placement thing , since I had cleared off my arrears I was planning to pursue my MS and go there for the spring intake . So me n my mom went to the consultancy to enquire bout the spring intake , bt then , damn, things never go as i plan, the counsellor brainwashed my mom askin me to apply for this fall as the deadlines are not over for the univs  and then my mom brainwashed me to apply for this fall .I applied reluctantly as I knew I was i very late wit my applications . By the time, I applied some of my friends had already got their Admits/Rejects. :P. So within a week, i had to send the applications to the univs . In a week time , i had to get the marksheets attested, write my Statement of Purpose for the univs  get the Reco letters and get the financial affidavit ready. Phew! I managed to do everythin within a week . And finally and successfully i finished applying to 8 univs. Now my mind was fully focussed on MS . 

After long days of wait and with lots of expectation(Jus like Kamal's movies),  Reliance Communications came on campus . First round was Tech + aps written round . Technical paper was greek and latin as I dint know anythin in communications . Aps was a piece of cake . They said they would announce the results in a couple of days . After a couple f days I got a call from them,askin me to attend the next round at their office. They asked me to report at their office by 9 am as the interview would start immediately. I reached there by 840, and kept on waiting for hours together . Me and my friends were scanning the office lookin if there were any good chicks , and bloody hell, the person who was spsd to interview us was on leav and some other Senior technical staff would interview us . All of us were shell shocked . I was called on first. He was askin my personal details and slowly started firing the technical questions, As I was answering his question, that bloody ass was openin some drawers, typin somethin on his system, It was really irritating and i stopped answerin. He then fired some more questions and wen  i was answering back, he started speakin over the fone . This act really got over my nerves, but i somehow controlled. Finally after 30 mins he let me go . Then his secretary asked me to leave the office , I thought that was the end of the road , flop show at tis company too . After few mins , my friend followed, he too had the same treatment, infact his interview was worse than me . I had lost hopes on Reliance . After long days of wait , the reliance results were out , me along wit 3 of my classmates were selected. Phew !! finally not a BPO, can say to ppl wit some pride that am into RCOM :P.  Finally I ended wit double placement , one in CSS and other in RCOM. 

Exams were nearing , but more importantly the IPL, It was to start on Apr 18, our betting on the teams had started as soon as the team players were decided . :P.  I was waiting for the Apr 18 to come . The match fixtures were out and after few days Anna Univ VIII sem time table also came , 2 Chennai super kings matches clashed wit the exams, i.e . it was on the evenin before the exam, but who cares, match ll be given and was given the top priority. After few days, the calendar read Apr 18 and  I was all excited bout the IPL. I was glued to the TV and my bad luck continued , there was a cable cut in my area, jus before the inaugral session :((. I waited and waited and waited , no signs of the cable comin back. So i went to my friends house to watch the match, Damn , I missed the inaugral session fully , but what an opening game for a tournament, thou a one sided game, Mccullum hit the ball to every corner of the ground. Well, the excitement never came down , irrespective of whoever played. I saw all the matches , ball by ball incl the pre match and the post match shows :P. Atleast in the previous semesters, I used to buy the book a month before the exam, but this time , it had become worse , I had totally forgotten bout the books due to IPL. I got them oly a week before the exams . My studying time got delayed by 1 hour due to the IPL. Started by 12 and slept oly after i finished studying , by 4am or 5 am. 2 exams went fine , Telecom and Mobile comm. The last exam was Satellite Communication.It was Rajasthan Royals Vs Chennai Super Kings , the evening before the exam. CSK got crushed mercilessly by Royals. I was Shockd . I Coudln beleive what i was seeing . Thou, the match ended quickly, I coudnt get over the shock for hours together. I coudn even concentrate on my studies because of the match. Slowly got over it and that was the worst preparation  in my 4 years of engg . I gave a shit performance in that exam, I knew oly for 50 marks. :(. But then I couldn help, I finished the paper in less than a hour and half and slept.  I was sure of flunking tis paper. Total Mood out after the exam. But u never know anythin with Anna Univ , that gave me some confidence. 

I somehow , by god's grace managed to clear all the papers in the VIII sem successfully.  I scored some 74-75% in that semester and guess what , my highest score was in tat Satellite Communication, which i had messed up. Finally , I became an engineer within the given time, which was looking impossible in the past semesters. Phew!! What a relief . My Provisional Certificate says I am a "FIRST CLASS" engineer, but hell, i donno even a single piece of shit in electronics as well as communications. But thats how Anna University is ... was and will be......




AU "NEVER EVER"REVOIR MSEC AND AU!!! Bye Bye Foreva................................ 

16 comments:

Krishna said...

Did u miss the reval saga in the last sem?? Nice read though.

Krishna

Anonymous said...

ada pavi u dint include the last twist in yr AU career ! tis ok, i wont speak much about that. But pls do tell why u dint (atleast personally).

Laxman.M said...

dei u r speaking right 4m d heart da.... i can visualize wat u went through in ur mind. good blog!!!

Laxman.M said...

dei u r speaking right 4m d heart da.... i can visualize wat u went through in ur mind. good blog!!!

aaa said...

@ krishna and anonymous- Dei tis post itself became too big ... and i dint wanna write more, actually not oly tat, i have missd out many more , farewell, our project etc etc.

pradeep said...

u must write offffff's story

Wenks Vicious said...

@ master- tis is my blog , not ooof!!

Arjun said...

hmmm... a good narative style writin da... tats wat i liked d most in u r blog. sometimes a mix of reality with thaif, oof language.shown both aspects njoyment nd diff... good one al2ghtr...

Anonymous said...

do u know what au revoir means?
u tell "I have no ties with the college as well as the great Anna univ anymore ... and I feel so happy bout it . "

and also au revoir!!!

karthik said...

e.. simple simply brilliant....

Wenks Vicious said...

@ anonymous - I do know the meaning of AU REVOIR!!

Anonymous said...

den pls justify the usage in your blog... as i quoted u earlier.

Anonymous said...

au revoir na good bye nu meaningggggggggg

Wenks Vicious said...

@ anonymous- I know tat!!

Anonymous said...

damn anna univ... otha... i know how easy it is to flucnk. otha how many times border le pass da... ha ha ha...

Wenks Vicious said...

evvalavu 36, marakkave mudiyathu.... yappa!!