Thursday, July 17, 2008

VIII sem..

It all came to the final showdown, VIII sem, which meant i had oly one more sem to clear off all the arrears . The hopes of me passing out of college in 4 years was diminishing, infact , I had lost all the hopes . More and more humiliation got over me . My confidence level hit the rock bottom .  Whatever the case, I had to move on. 

We had college only 3 days / week  in this semester, and even in those 3 days, I used to bunk 1 or 2 days. Hardly any staff came to our class this semester,so i dint want to break my sleep and go sit in that useless college. I used to go to college only when i was very much bored @ home. We had 3 subjects and a Project. Me , Azz and Chopra were project mates and we did our VLSI project @ Accel. And guess what , all 3 papers were shit papers, Mobile Communication (compulsory paper) , Telecom and Switching Networks and Satellite Communication ( Electives) . Communication papers are a real torture, theory theory theory everywhere(tailor made for Mugpots). 

My night time fags continued in full swing with woof, used to be there till 3am or 4 am , if mama patrolling wasnt there. Once , on a saturday night  there was strict patrolling by the mamas( a usual sight on saturday nights) at teynampet , so we got the fags and went into a lane opposite to GRT Grand. We heard loud screams from the hotel, we ignored it first time , again we heard , and ignored it again and again , we could hear some one shoutin, this time we stopped our conversation and listened carefully to wat he was shouting , he was shoutin all tamil swear words (*&%*&*%&$&$&#*&($(%(%*%*(%*%*%*%*%). Woof got over excited and wanted to go inside the hotel and see what was actually happening, I dint want to go , but somehow he convinced me and we took our bikes and went into the hotel . Crap, by the time we entered the hotel, the fight got over . We got totally pissed off. But then, we dint want to leave immediately, we parked our bikes inside the hotel and went in. Fk, wat a crowd, the restaurant was full and a huge crowd was waiting to get in . We both were the "odd men out" there, poorly dressed, but then who knew we wud be @ GRT Grand.Since , we were oly 2 , we got a place and orderred a pack of fags and coffee ( actually dint want to order coffee, but then you need to order something to kill time there, so we thought coffee would be the cheapest and ordered it) . It was around 1 am and FK, it was filled up wit hot chicks , really hot chicks! we din want to leav the resto till the crowd cleared  , Now which guy would want to leave  early when he is surrounded by chicks :P. Finally , we got the bill , WTF! coffee costed 90 bucks, but then it was  worth payin, not for the coffee , but for the scenic view !! That day we planned to come here on every saturday , but then when has our plan succeeded.As usual,  this plan also flopped!! 

It was January , which meant Saarang was round the corner . Saarang finally arrived and on one fine evening  , Me , Chopra and Rahul went there. That day's event was Western Music finals. We reached there very early, so decided to walk it up instead of taking the bus. Sem Results were also expected in a week's time, but I was confident that it wont come for the next two days , because the next day was 26th Jan(national holiday+saturday) and the other day was a Sunday. 
We went into the stalls section, where they were conducting crazy events..3 of us dint have guts to participate in any of the events, we were comfortable watching others do it. Time flew , it was 7 and we went and sat in the gallery because the western music finals was going to start. It started around 730 odd. It was horribly bad, it was like , they were riding motorcycle in our ears. 4 bands had finished , wen rahul's mobile beeped , he showed me the message from VB-Results coming  tomo, Chk icqresults.com( I wonder how and WHY  ppl visit these kinda sites when you have so many sites to browse , it was the first time i was hearing the name of the site, jobless ppl :P) . I told them , no way it can come tomorrow because its Republic day , a national  holiday, Though i was convincing them, some fear creeped into me . After that message, I jus coudnt sit there , wanted to have  dinner and head home directly. Went to ascendas , had dinner and headed home . As soon, as I reached home , I switched on the system to check , if a site called ICQRESULTS.COM really existed. It opened and the opening lines , Anna univ results tomo! I closed it immediately, but I was still thinking how could they work on  a national holiday and release the results. That night again I went for a fag with woof and we were discussing about our how many cups expected tis sem. I  had written 11 papers , so miss ratio was on the higher side compared to the hit ratio. 26th Jan arrived,The Doomsday, I got up late as usual, by this time , over enthusiastic students of my classes had called up AU helpline and confirmed the result news. Fk,  I was really nervous . Around 6 pm , one dumb dog confirmed that results had come . Anna Univ site also dint load quickly , which meant results had come 
. This is one symptom to confirm the arrival of the SANGU(results)!!! The bloody site took its own fkn time to open. I first checked the result of Akshay( roll no.1 in our dept) , all clear, next i tried chkin the result of 52, all clear, 53 , all and i slowly typed my no.  and when the results page was jus loadin , i got a call from from VB, sayin dood, u ve cleared all the papers  , the moment he said it , the page also loaded , for the first time after the I sem, i was seeing all P's in my result. I was speechless. The Glitter pens and the art work inside the answer sheets had worked!! I never really expected all clear, as I had fucked up a couple of papers . But tis was pleasant surprise. Phew , some hopes of me graduating on time came alive. That night I couldnt go for a fag wit woof as he had couple of arrears ,which he later  cleared in reval and re-reval, Can u beleive ,  re - reval , a re-evaluation for a re- evaluation, well , thats the DUMB Anna Univ for you. 

Most of the colleges had finished their final year tour and we also planned to go for one tis sem. While most of the colleges like St.Josephs n SMIT etc went for north tour, we bloody stuck to a low budget trip to Kerala. Though, I wasn interested in Kerala, I just wanted to go just because it was a final year tour . Well, everythin was nearly done , though oly around 27 students had agreed for the tour. On the other hand, another group of students were plannin a tour to the same place , same dates i think , but they were not interested to come  with us . They asked me to join with them , but I declined their offer. Most of the others rejected sayin they dint have money! Bullshit ! On the whole , It was a total fiasco, both the groups dint go ! Never did my class unite in all the 4 years!! :(. Many more to add- farewell, placement , Krishna College , IPL and VIII sem exams . 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one, all said i heard frm broken tat woof's dad only introduced the re-re-val concept! its tailor made fr him ! :D no hard feelins da.. jus kiddin !

mani iyer said...

seriously dmbest ever post ever in yer blog so boring....theres nutn interesting....BCOZ THERES NO MANI IN IT....but seriously will give you 1 out of 5 stars.....

Wenks Vicious said...

@ mani- if it had mani, it wud ve sucked even more. Ok rajeev masand sir, thanks for yr 1 star, i am honoured! Khaaa thu!! go die

Wenks Vicious said...

@ I- Mr. woof is chistened to Mr. Re-revaloof! has a hot ratio of 100% in it. 4 on 4, guess the highest ever by an AU student. :P

Anonymous said...

The college trips were some of the greatest memories illa! :-)